Author Topic: Climate Expert: Trends In U.S. Tornado Damage And Intensity  (Read 251 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Expert: Trends In U.S. Tornado Damage And Intensity
« on: September 25, 2023, 06:42:13 pm »
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON SEP 25, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Expert: Trends In U.S. Tornado Damage And Intensity
In 2011, the United States experienced more than 500 deaths and over $30 billion in losses from tornadoes.

As is now common, climate activists were quick to claim that the destructive tornadoes that year were due to climate change. [emphasis, links added]

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) rejected such claims, advising:

[A]pplying a scientific process is essential if one is to overcome the lack of rigor inherent in attribution claims that are all too often based on mere coincidental associations.

The 2011 tornado season motivated us — Kevin Simmons, Daniel Sutter, and I — to take a close look at trends in tornadoes and their impacts across the United States.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-expert-trends-in-u-s-tornado-damage-and-intensity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson