Author Topic: Dozens protest plan to turn former NYC college dorm into migrant shelter  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Dozens protest plan to turn former NYC college dorm into migrant shelter
Story by Sarah Goodman, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon •
18h

Protesters rallied Sunday outside a former college dorm in the Bronx, up in arms over City Hall’s plan to convert it into the Big Apple’s latest emergency shelter for asylum seekers.

As many as 75 angry demonstrators — armed with signs that read, “Affordable Housing, yes! Migrants, no!” and, “No land grabs! Save our Children” — stood in the pouring rain to slam plans for the one-time Manhattan College housing site.

“Over our dead bodies!” shouted Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa, a frequent critic of the city’s handling of the unprecedented migrant crisis.

Across the street stood about 50 counter-protesters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dozens-protest-plan-to-turn-former-nyc-college-dorm-into-migrant-shelter/ar-AA1hct1M?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=6738625cd7d54ddb991b114d485db955&ei=162
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 05:33:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Dozens protest plan to turn former NYC college dorm into migrant shelter
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 05:35:14 pm »
I predict that at some point, the broken border will bring down the Democrat party even over woke politics and the economy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy