Author Topic: SEALs operate in the Arctic during Polar Dagger  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SEALs operate in the Arctic during Polar Dagger
« on: September 24, 2023, 05:17:34 pm »
SEALs operate in the Arctic during Polar Dagger
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Sep 22, 05:23 PM

As Big Navy continues to work to bring the SEALs back into the conventional fleet fold after decades of largely autonomous special operations, a SEAL team recently took part in an Arctic exercise to showcase a role they could potentially play in the next conflict.

The effort came during Operation Polar Dagger, an exercise that took part in the frigid environment off Alaska in the Bering Sea, the Navy said in a release earlier this month.

There, East Coast-based SEALs, assigned to Naval Special Warfare Group 2, worked with the amphibious transport dock John P. Murtha, to defend critical infrastructure in the region.

SEALs deployed from the well deck of Murtha in combatant craft assault boats, cutting their way through the Bering Sea to Shemya Island in the Aleutian archipelago, 1,200 miles southwest of Anchorage, Alaska.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/09/22/seals-operate-in-the-arctic-during-polar-dagger/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson