Author Topic: Unlicensed migrants, unregistered cars turn NYC shelter neighborhood into demolition derby  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Unlicensed migrants, unregistered cars turn NYC shelter neighborhood into demolition derby
Story by Deirdre Bardolf •
15h

Migrants staying at a pair of Staten Island shelters have turned the neighborhood into a demolition derby — with reckless unlicensed drivers behind the wheels of unregistered cars, fed-up neighbors told The Post.

Residents on Victory Boulevard were awoken suddenly at 4:30 a.m. on a recent Sunday when an unlicensed driver of a car without plates slammed into a parked car, launching it into one parked in front of it, totaling both.

“It’s like the Wild West,” said nearby resident John Aspinall, who heads the Travis Neighborhood Watch group.

Elected officials and residents have been protesting the Travis shelters since they opened last October but some say the controversial new shelter at the former St. John Villa Academy in Arrochar has distracted from their issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/unlicensed-migrants-unregistered-cars-turn-nyc-shelter-neighborhood-into-demolition-derby/ar-AA1h9L83?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c456afa0e39e481c9190c46bac08b26f&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson