Author Topic: NY Gov. Hochul backs NYC bid to suspend 'right to shelter' mandate amid immigrant influx  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY Gov. Hochul backs NYC bid to suspend 'right to shelter' mandate amid immigrant influx
Adams has challenged the mandate in New York's Supreme Court.

Brandon Judd: NY Gov. Hochul is ‘rewarding’ illegal immigrants with humanitarian aid

National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd says New York Governor Kathy Hochul is using federal humanitarian aid to encourage asylum seekers to cross the border illegally. “This is a politician that went out and sent a clear message to all people that might want to cross our borders illegally: ‘Go ahead and come and we’re going to give you a reward. We’re going to reward you for violating our laws’,” says Judd.

By Ben Whedon
September 21, 2023 8:50pm

Updated: September 21, 2023 8:50pm

New York Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul has endorsed suspending the Big Apple's "right to shelter" mandate amid an influx of illegal immigrants that has strained New York City's infrastructure and flummoxed the local government.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams has sought to suspend the law and warned that the influx of new arrivals threatens to "destroy New York City." In 1981, a court ordered that the city provide temporary housing to anyone upon request, according to the Associated Press. In May of this year, the city enacted a "Homeless Bill of Rights" that reiterated the mandate.

Adams has challenged the mandate in New York's Supreme Court. During a CNN appearance this week, Hochul endorsed Adams' efforts, saying repeal "is the right thing to do" and insisted the mandate was not intended to address a massive influx of illegal immigrants.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/ny-gov-hochul-backs-nyc-bid-end-right-shelter-mandate-amid-alien-influx
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But NY is a sanctuary and should be spending itself into the poor house to take care of the poor, downtrodden, hungry illegal masses! :grouphug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson