Author Topic: Adams reacts to Biden admin legalizing thousands of migrants after saying crisis will 'destroy' NYC  (Read 247 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Adams reacts to Biden admin legalizing thousands of migrants after saying crisis will 'destroy' NYC
Story by Danielle Wallace •
1d

Mayor Eric Adams thanked President Biden Wednesday for fast tracking work authorization and deportation protection for some 470,000 Venezuelan migrants, showing signs that their relationship may be thawing after the two Democrats seemingly snubbed each other in New York City this week.

"More than 116,000 asylum seekers have come to New York City since last spring in search of the American Dream. Our administration and our partners across the city have led the calls to ‘Let Them Work,’ so I want to thank @POTUS for hearing our entire coalition, including our hard-working congressional delegation, and taking this important step that will bring hope to the thousands of Venezuelan asylum seekers currently in our care who will now be immediately eligible for Temporary Protected Status," Adams wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced Wednesday the extension and redesignation of Venezuela for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for 18 months, "due to extraordinary and temporary conditions in Venezuela that prevent individuals from safely returning."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/adams-reacts-to-biden-admin-legalizing-thousands-of-migrants-after-saying-crisis-will-destroy-nyc/ar-AA1h3028?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=274bd64c4c734913bf5b1b580b0149f8&ei=10#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson