Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams makes sweeping changes to city residential zoning laws to build 100,000 NEW hom  (Read 370 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC Mayor Eric Adams makes sweeping changes to city residential zoning laws to build 100,000 NEW homes above commercial strips and near subway stations
Story by Rachel Bowman For Dailymail.Com •
13h
MARKETS TODAY

Adams proposed changes to address New York City's housing crisis

Reforms would make it easier for developers to build new homes

The Big Apple has been plagued by homelessness and an influx of migrants

New York City Mayor Eric Adams shared a comprehensive plan to address the city's housing crisis and paved the way to build 100,000 new homes in the Big Apple.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-makes-sweeping-changes-to-city-residential-zoning-laws-to-build-100-000-new-homes-above-commercial-strips-and-near-subway-stations/ar-AA1h4yLz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=df638cbc88b844fdab22e5e4120246bc&ei=20#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is an open invitation to turn NYC into a little Mejico. 0380000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

This is an open invitation to turn NYC into a little Mejico. 0380000

No, it isn't.  It's a much needed reform, albeit not enough.  NYC needs to do away with its exclusionary zoning system as well, so that one can have mixed-used buildings as a matter of course.  As it is now, once an industry - like textiles - moves out of the city, blocks and blocks of buildings stand vacant, filled with vermin and bums, because they cannot legally be turned to another use, such as housing.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All of what you say it true, but that doesn't change the number of illegals the city will have to house, police, improve medical availability, transportation, food, educate, etc.  All this is like poop to flies for the illegals.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

All of what you say it true, but that doesn't change the number of illegals the city will have to house, police, improve medical availability, transportation, food, educate, etc.  All this is like poop to flies for the illegals.

The illegals won't be renting the new units that will be built as a result of the reforms to the zoning laws.

Don't be a one-trick pony.  This is a good reform for NYC, regardless of the illegal immigrant issues.