Author Topic: Biden makes major strategic shift at border  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden makes major strategic shift at border
« on: September 22, 2023, 11:10:46 am »
Biden makes major strategic shift at border
Story by Rafael Bernal •
20h

The Biden administration rolled out a major strategic shift in border policy Wednesday, granting more than 400,000 Venezuelans work permits while bolstering overstretched border enforcement agencies with military assistance.

The moves respond to pressure from Democrats and immigrant advocates, but also to quickly changing dynamics on the migrant trail toward the U.S.-Mexico border, with hundreds of thousands of migrants already traveling north.

By making all Venezuelans who arrived before July 31 eligible to work and live in the country temporarily, the Biden administration seeks to ease pressure on Democratic-controlled states and cities, whose shelter systems were overwhelmed with new arrivals unable to sustain themselves.

And deploying 800 troops to the border to assist Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Border Patrol will free up manpower for those agencies to process migrants at and between ports of entry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-makes-major-strategic-shift-at-border/ar-AA1h3OC2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=df638cbc88b844fdab22e5e4120246bc&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden makes major strategic shift at border
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:12:14 am »
This "major policy shift" does nothing but push his knife in America's back a little deeper. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson