Author Topic: Mexican railway operator halts trains because so many migrants are climbing aboard and getting hurt  (Read 232 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican railway operator halts trains because so many migrants are climbing aboard and getting hurt
Story by By FERNANDA PESCE, Associated Press •
13h

HUEHUETOCA, Mexico (AP) — A Mexican railway operator announced Tuesday it is temporarily suspending train runs in the northern part of the country because so many migrants are climbing aboard freight cars and getting hurt in the process.

Ferromex said it has temporarily ordered a halt to 60 trains carrying cargo that would fill 1,800 tractor trailers. It said some international trade would be affected by the stoppage.

In recent days, there have been about a "half-dozen regrettable cases of injuries or deaths” among migrants hopping freight cars, the company said in a statement.

The company, owned by conglomerate Grupo Mexico, said some migrants even hopped on moving freight cars “despite the grave danger that represents.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexican-railway-operator-halts-trains-because-so-many-migrants-are-climbing-aboard-and-getting-hurt/ar-AA1gXO34?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=96694f126dd9407ca241a780f4e7a6ed&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson