Author Topic: In Migrant Crisis, New York Still Can't Face Reality  (Read 332 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In Migrant Crisis, New York Still Can't Face Reality
« on: September 19, 2023, 05:45:11 pm »

In Migrant Crisis, New York Still Can't Face Reality      
BY BYRON YORK
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 2023

City officials estimate that more than 110,000 migrants have arrived in New York in the current crisis.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams has taken a leading role among Democrats in conceding the damage done to local communities by the Biden administration's policy of allowing millions of illegal border crossers to remain in the United States. Adams recently raised eyebrows in his party by saying the arrival of thousands of illegal asylum-seekers, with their enormous demands for economic and social services, "will destroy New York City."

"Month after month, I stood up and I said, 'This is going to come to a neighborhood near you,'" Adams told a community meeting last week. "Well, we're here. We're getting no support on this national crisis. ... Let me tell you something, New Yorkers. Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don't see an ending to this. I don't see an ending to this. This issue will destroy New York City."

City officials estimate that more than 110,000 migrants have arrived in New York in the current crisis. Adams said the cost of caring for them will balloon the city's deficit and force cuts in services for New York residents. "I said it last year when we had 15,000," Adams said, "and I'm telling you now, with 110,000: the city we knew, we're about to lose."

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/58-immigration/6491-in-migrant-crisis-new-york-still-cant-face-reality
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: In Migrant Crisis, New York Still Can't Face Reality
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 06:18:59 am »
The largest city in the country, self-declared a sanctuary city, had claimed it can't handle the wave of illegals that have gone there.

Put in perspective, though, that's only 1.5% of the swarm that has crossed the border.

The other 98.5% have been dumped on smaller communities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis