Author Topic: Blue state's $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand people housed. Now governor want  (Read 450 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blue state's $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand people housed. Now governor wants more
'You can’t do this with zero dollars': Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says state needs more money to clear roadside homeless camps
Hannah Ray Lambert By Hannah Ray Lambert Fox News
Published September 14, 2023 4:30pm EDT

An initiative to remove homeless camps from roadways needs more money to continue next year, according to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, after burning through $143 million in a little over a year.

"You can’t do this with zero dollars," Inslee, a Democrat, told KOMO News. "We’ll need the legislature in January to step up to increase funding so we can continue the progress we’re making."

GOV. JAY INSLEE WON'T SEEK RE-ELECTION, ENDING SPECULATION OVER UNPRECEDENTED 4TH TERM

Inslee's statewide Rights-of-Way Safety Initiative began in June 2022 with the goal of removing homeless camps from state property near roads and offering housing to the people living in the camps.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/blue-states-143-million-homeless-program-less-thousand-people-housed-governor-wants-more
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

$143,000,000 / 1000 rehoused people = $143,000 per rehoused person.

A program with that abyssmal negative return on investment should not get another dime.

For that money, just buy each of them a used RV.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:08:16 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright