Author Topic: STUPID AMERICAN WOMAN marries a Saudi national, then loses custody of her daughter under sharia law  (Read 480 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
STUPID AMERICAN WOMAN marries a Saudi national, then loses custody of her daughter under sharia law

SEPTEMBER 14, 2023 BY BARENAKEDISLAM29 COMMENTS
American citizen Bethany Vierra Alhaidari was living in Saudi Arabia where she was denied custody of her daughter Zaina in 2019 by a judge for fear of exposing the child to Western culture.

Patriot United News After moving from Washington state to Saudi Arabia with her devout Muslim husband, she soon found herself in the middle of a difficult custody battle.

Under Sharia law, fathers are favored to be legal guardians, and ultimately Alhaidari was denied custody of her 4-year-old daughter Zaina despite providing video evidence capturing her ex-husband using illegal drugs in front of their daughter. Her Westernized behavior even went against her in court as they dismissed the photos she provided that were taken back in the United States.

Sharia law holds religion above all else which explains why fathers are favored when it comes to determining legal guardianship during a divorce proceeding. This type of law is based on religious principles derived from both Quranic verses and Islamic traditions.

She was unable to provide adequate enough proof that she would make a good mother simply because she didn’t follow these strict rules while living abroad with her ex-husband (even though he was abusing drugs).

https://barenakedislam.com/2023/09/14/stupid-american-woman-marries-a-saudi-national-then-loses-custody-of-her-daughter-under-sharia-law/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, what did she expect?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:17:54 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder if she enjoyed the Burkas and the beatings?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

I read this book a few decades ago, except "dad" was from Iran.
Not Without My Daughter: The Harrowing True Story of a Mother's Courage: In August 1984, Michigan housewife Betty Mahmoody accompanied her husband to his native Iran for a two-week vacation. To her horror, she found herself and her four-year-old daughter, Mahtob, virtual prisoners of a man rededicated to his Shiite Moslem faith, in a land where women are near-slaves and Americans are despised. Their only hope for escape lay in a dangerous underground that would not take her child...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org