Author Topic: The US Is Sleepwalking Through a Geopolitical Transformation  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US Is Sleepwalking Through a Geopolitical Transformation
« on: September 15, 2023, 06:42:28 pm »
The US Is Sleepwalking Through a Geopolitical Transformation
Published 09/12/23 09:00 AM ET
William Moloney

When Napoleon (1812) and later Hitler (1941) launched immense armies to invade Russia, they believed they were compassing the final element needed to give them total mastery of Continental Europe. In fact, they were advancing toward a nemesis where their great armies would perish in the snows of Russia, and they themselves would be in exile or dead within a few years.

As with individuals, nations move through history often unaware of either the nature of their journeys or their likely destinations. Evidence is mounting that strongly suggests the United States is approaching a critical turning point in its historical journey that will lead to a transformation of global geopolitics and a destination far different from what its current leadership believes or hopes for.

These reflections arise in the wake of the recently concluded BRICS summit in Johannesburg, where the core nations — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — welcomed as new members Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Argentina, the United Arab Emirates and Ethiopia. Even before these additions, the BRICS nations, which comprise 40% of the world’s population, produced 20% of global oil. Now with the addition of three major producers from the Middle East, that proportion jumps to 42%, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. This provides a strong indication of the strategic ambitions of the BRICS alignment. Though neither a formal alliance nor a comprehensive economic union, BRICS is an affinity group with two distinctive characteristics: All are authoritarian, by varying degrees, and over time have chafed under the U.S.-led international order that has dominated global geopolitics for 75 years.

https://themessenger.com/opinion/the-us-is-sleepwalking-through-a-geopolitical-transformation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson