Author Topic: Hundreds of migrants line up daily at NYC fed building desperate for services and benefits  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of migrants line up daily at NYC fed building desperate for services and benefits
Story by Georgett Roberts, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon •
11h

Hundreds of asylum seekers flock to a Lower Manhattan federal building in the pre-dawn hours each day in a desperate bid to get benefits, services and keep court appointments — as confusion continues to reign during the Big Apple migrant crisis.

The massive queue, nearly entirely made of migrants bused to the five boroughs from the US border, forms outside the Jacob K. Javits Federal Building every morning.

Those who join are seeking everything from asylum to work permits — with scores of them pitching up and spending the night on the sidewalk and using the nearby bushes as a toilet.

Many told The Post Thursday they were told to come back another day — while others were simply turned away.

“I have a court appointment,” said one Ecuadorean migrant who waited in line with her two children. “They turned me back because my husband [is] not here. They say he has to be with us. Right now the man said he can’t put the three of us through. We have to be the full four.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-migrants-line-up-daily-at-nyc-fed-building-desperate-for-services-and-benefits/ar-AA1gJF9H?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ecdd34cd8fbf42efaaf205e3729a547e&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Go

Back

Home!