Author Topic: 10 Reasons Why Electric Cars Aren't As Eco Friendly As You Think  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 Reasons Why Electric Cars Aren't As Eco Friendly As You Think
« on: September 13, 2023, 11:07:28 am »

10 Reasons Why Electric Cars Aren't As Eco Friendly As You Think
Story by Martin Morales •
2w

Electric cars produce fewer emissions than gasoline-powered cars, but the power source for charging them matters. If the power comes from coal-heavy plants, it could be worse for the environment than a hybrid car.

The production of EVs relies on raw materials, like lithium and cobalt, which have environmental and human rights concerns associated with their extraction.

The range of EVs can be affected by extreme temperatures or heavy loads. Additionally, the cost of owning an EV, including battery replacement, can be high and may offset the potential environmental benefits. Hydrogen-powered cars are seen as a potential alternative but are not yet widely available.

We live in a pivotal time within the automotive landscape. The traditional internal combustion engine, or ICE cars, are yielding to more varied production. This is in the form of hybrids, vehicles that combine ICE technology with electric power. Of course, this also leads to the hot new trend, one that appears to be melting ICEs little by little, that being none other than the fully Electric Vehicle, or EV. Today, though ICE cars are by far the vast majority represented on the road and in sales, there are now millions of EVs driving alongside them. Some have embraced the trend, as a new method of causing less people pollution on our blessed Earth, while others do not believe EVs are as ecologically beneficial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/10-reasons-why-electric-cars-aren-t-as-eco-friendly-as-you-think/ar-AA1fGWps?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=931d033f75214ec8829426991e69be92&ei=25
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 11:08:40 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson