Author Topic: Marine Corps Revamps Drone & Air Defense With Vehicle-Mounted Stinger, Radar  (Read 211 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Revamps Drone & Air Defense With Vehicle-Mounted Stinger, Radar
US Marine Air Defense Integrated System Uses Vehicle-Mounted EW, Stingers To Kill Drones
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONSEP 8, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

High-speed mobile drone destruction, targeting enemy helicopters and even using EW to "jam" attacking drone swarms are a few of the operational advantages woven into the Marine Corps emerging air-defense, counter=drone weapons systems.

The Corps continues to accelerate and produce its breakthrough Marine Air Defense Integrated System, a vehicle-mounted radar, EW and interceptor weapons system built to track and destroy enemy drones, helicopters and low-flying fixed wing targets while on the move in combat.  The integrated system, which combines an Oshkosh Joint Light Tactical Vehicle with sensors, EW, radar, turret-launched Stinger missiles and a direct=fire weapon operated with a remote weapons station.

The Marine Air Defense Integrated System technology was cited in a critical, recently published Marine Corps text called “Force Design 2030: Acquisition for the Future Battlefield.”  The essay is a companion text or extension upon the Corps' Marine Corps Force Design 2030 main document released last year, a strategy paper explaining the need for the Corps to further accelerate its transition back to its maritime roots and transform the Corps into a lighter, faster, easier-to-deploy, yet highly lethal expeditionary, multi-domain force.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/marine-corps-revamps-drone-air-defense-with-vehicle-mounted-stinger-radar
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson