Author Topic: NYC Mayor Adams warns migrant women and children may soon have to sleep outdoors in tents  (Read 285 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Adams warns migrant women and children may soon have to sleep outdoors in tents
MSNBC: Adams calls for budget cuts amid strain on resources due to migrant crisis
Pilar Arias By Pilar Arias Fox News
Published September 10, 2023 1:15pm EDT

NYC migrant crisis is an 'untenable situation,' says concerned mother Rachel Maniscalco
Staten Island mother Rachel Maniscalco says thousands of migrants are living in an abandoned school across from her child's school, on 'Jesse Watters Primetime.'

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is defending his recent call for budget cuts to compensate for the increasing costs of the migrant crisis, warning that without sufficient resources, the situation will be dire.

"We're about to potentially have to move women and children to sleep in congregate settings outdoors in tents. This is unacceptable. This is not what our city stands for," Adams said on MSNBC's "The Sunday Show."

More than 110,000 migrants have arrived in New York City since last spring. Nearly 60,000 migrants are occupying beds in traditional city shelters and in more than 200 emergency sites, according to The New York Times. When New York City students returned to school last week, 20,000 migrant children were expected to join them.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-mayor-adams-warns-migrant-women-children-soon-sleep-outdoors-tents
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You can't expect these politicians to put illegals where the affluent live! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Let's see, they'll have shelter, and they'll likely still receive, food, water and medical ALL at the taxpayers expense.

Send them back to Mexico.  Put Mexico on high alert that ILLEGALS will be treated as an enemy of our country.  It's actually not rocket science.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman kinda-hazy prediction:

If things keep goin' as they're goin', within 10-15 years watch for one or more blue/communist states to take moves to compel private homeowners to "shelter" immigrants:

https://youtu.be/mq__Z-Z_Ofs

Offline libertybele

A Fishrrman kinda-hazy prediction:

If things keep goin' as they're goin', within 10-15 years watch for one or more blue/communist states to take moves to compel private homeowners to "shelter" immigrants:

https://youtu.be/mq__Z-Z_Ofs

That's what needs to be avoided before it becomes a reality -- and it won't just be in the blue states; especially if DEMS control the WH and Congress.  Count on it. 

I'll be damned if I give up our house for which we worked for to house ILLEGALS.  Just. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.