Author Topic: Chicago’s ‘Migrant Camps’ Will Be Modeled After New York City’s Tent Shelters  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago’s ‘Migrant Camps’ Will Be Modeled After New York City’s Tent Shelters
As busloads of migrants continue to arrive, the ongoing humanitarian crisis is estimated to cost Chicago taxpayers $255 million by the end of the year, Mayor Brandon Johnson revealed.

Alex V. Hernandez
Mack Liederman
, and
Melody Mercado
9:59 AM CDT on Sep 11, 2023

A tent shelter for migrants in Queens, New York.

CITYWIDE — As busloads of migrants continue to arrive in Chicago, the ongoing humanitarian crisis is estimated to cost taxpayers $255 million by the end of the year, Mayor Brandon Johnson revealed to alderpeople Friday.

Johnson briefed City Council members last week after he disclosed to the Sun-Times plans to move 1,600 migrants from police stations into “winterized base camps.”

“We’ve identified multiple locations around the city that can be suitable to treat the family and individuals who are here by law, seeking asylum constitutionally and legally, to have a place that recognizes their dignity,” Johnson said during a news conference Friday.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/09/11/chicagos-migrant-camps-will-be-modeled-after-new-york-citys-tent-shelters/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He's a racist pig!  Why doesn't he put them in five=star hotels like so many other mayors? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson