Author Topic: Yes, The “World’s Dumbest Energy Policy” Is In Fact Getting A Whole Lot Dumber  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yes, The “World’s Dumbest Energy Policy” Is In Fact Getting A Whole Lot Dumber
By P Gosselin on 10. September 2023

The “world’s dumbest energy policy” is getting a lot dumber: German power production plummets 11.4% in first half of 2023

Since Germany shut down its remaining nuclear power plants earlier this year, it’s no surprise the country’s electricity generation has slumped and is now more heavily dependent on foreign imports.

Tichy’s Einblick here reports that in the first half of 2023, Germany generated 233.9 billion kilowatt hours of electricity. “Sounds like a lot, but it’s not: In fact, it’s 11.4% less than in the first half of 2022.”

Exports fall 18%

In the first six months of 2023, German exports of electric power fell 18.1%. “By contrast, our electricity imports have virtually exploded, by almost a third (+ 30.8%),” Tichy’s Einblick adds.

Keep in mind that Germany shut down its nuclear fleet of plants because of safety issues, in the wake of the Fukushima disaster, yet the country has no problems importing the same type of energy from neighboring countries like France.

https://notrickszone.com/2023/09/10/yes-the-worlds-dumbest-energy-policy-is-in-fact-getting-a-whole-lot-dumber/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson