Author Topic: Biden Admin Encourages Unlawful Hiring, Again Edits ICE IMAGE Webpage  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Encourages Unlawful Hiring, Again Edits ICE IMAGE Webpage

By Jon Feere on September 8, 2023
The Biden administration seems to fully support unlawful hiring practices and all of the criminal activity that comes along with the hiring of illegal aliens. The first, and most blatant, act in support of this criminal activity was DHS Secretary Mayorkas’s memorandum directing ICE to “cease mass worksite operations”, which gutted the ICE worksite enforcement effort. One result has been an explosion of child labor at worksites across the country. The Biden administration has done nothing to change their immigration enforcement policies, allowing worksite exploitation to continue to grow.

As part of its pro-unlawful-hiring agenda, in November 2022 the Biden administration removed from its website a list of employers participating in a worker-verification program run by ICE — the ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) program — without explanation. The Center for Immigration Studies saved a copy of the list of these employers, and published it here. Launched in July 2006, the IMAGE program is designed “to combat unlawful employment and reduce vulnerabilities that help undocumented noncitizens gain such employment”, as explained on ICE.gov. ICE further explains that enrollment in IMAGE “assists employers to develop a more secure and stable workforce” and “enhances fraudulent document awareness through education and training”.

Employers who enroll in the program receive training from ICE and USCIS on hiring procedures, including how to detect fraudulent documents, how to use E-Verify, and how to avoid discrimination in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Well, the Biden administration has edited the IMAGE webpage yet again, this time to eliminate any discussion of the hiring of illegal aliens. Here’s the language from the webpage until today:

https://cis.org/Feere/Biden-Admin-Encourages-Unlawful-Hiring-Again-Edits-ICE-IMAGE-Webpage
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson