Author Topic: Army questioned for using helicopters to simulate ‘hurricane winds’ during a division run  (Read 214 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army questioned for using helicopters to simulate ‘hurricane winds’ during a division run
September 8, 2023

Screenshot from the video below
The 7th Infantry Division is coming under scrutiny for taking a division formation run too far, after they reportedly had AH-64E gunships hover overhead to provide heavy [and damaging] winds.

The division, which is stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, enlisted the help of the Apache Guardians of the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade to hover over the division run last week, to ensure that the unit guidons flapped gracefully in the wind.

“Last week was the 7th Infantry Division run and we were supporting in force with an AH-64E Apache flyover of the formation to make sure those guidons and colors were adequately flapping in the cool morning breeze,” the 16th CAB posted to Instagram on Friday.

Reports of damage to property caused by the generated winds was reported by TerminalCWO, a whistleblower page that highlights the incompetence of military high command.

https://popularmilitary.com/army-questioned-for-using-helicopters-to-simulate-hurricane-winds-during-a-division-run/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson