Author Topic: NY Gov. Hochul says she is considering special legislative session on migrants  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY Gov. Hochul says she is considering special legislative session on migrants
Tim Balk, New York Daily News
Thu, September 7, 2023 at 5:01 PM EDT·

Darren McGee/New York Daily News/TNS
NEW YORK — Gov. Kathy Hochul said Thursday that she is “entertaining” the possibility of calling lawmakers back to Albany for a special session to address New York City’s migrant crisis.

“I’m entertaining all of my options right now — we’re working closely with [Mayor Eric Adams] to resolve this,” Hochul, a Democrat, said at a news conference in Albany.

Hochul has previously called the Legislature back from vacation to address gun safety and abortion protections. But her remarks Thursday, with the next session months away, marked her strongest public suggestion she might convene an extraordinary session on migrants.

For weeks, the governor has been under pressure from Adams, a Democrat, to unlock more resources for the city, which has been strained by the arrival of more than 100,000 asylum seekers since spring 2022.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-gov-hochul-says-she-210100058.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending the buses up North!
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright