Author Topic: McConnell does not have seizure disorder, did not suffer stroke, says Capitol physician  (Read 601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McConnell does not have seizure disorder, did not suffer stroke, says Capitol physician
by Al Weaver - 09/05/23 11:33 AM ET

Brian Monahan, the Capitol’s attending physician, said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) does not have a seizure disorder and did not suffer a stroke after a medical episode last week.

McConnell’s office released a letter Tuesday from Monahan to the GOP leader outlining the results of an exam.

McConnell froze for the second time in recent months last week when a reporter in Covington, Ky., asked him about his political plans when his term is up in 2026, leading to concern about this health. A spokesperson for the GOP leader said that the 30-second freeze came after he became “lightheaded.”

“My examination of you following your August 30, 2023 brief episode included several medical evaluations: brain MRI imaging, EEG study and consultations with several neurologists for a comprehensive neurology assessment,” Monahan said. “There is no evidence that you have a seizure disorder or that you experienced a stroke, TIA or movement disorder such as Parkinson’s disease.”

“There are no changes recommended in treatment protocols as you continue recovery from your March 2023 fall,” Monahan added.

A number of top Senate Republicans spoke with McConnell following the incident, with many in recent days continuing to signal strong support for the longest serving leader in the history of the upper chamber.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4187485-capitol-physician-rules-out-seizure-disorder-stroke-after-latest-mcconnell-freeze-up/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell to address the Senate when it reconvenes today.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Turdle has a good chance to step down from his leadership post and pull a Feinstein.

If he wasn't so drunk for power, he'd do what's best for nation and party.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline yodaspock

He has a concussion!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He has a concussion!

Yeah he did.  But wasn't it months ago?  Healthy people with concussions recover, and don't have "blank screen" moments.  I think there may have been some peripheral issues. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Brian Monahan, the Capitol’s attending physician, said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) does not have a seizure disorder and did not suffer a stroke after a medical episode last week."

So... Mitch's glitches were only minor...?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Paul challenges Capitol doctor’s diagnosis of McConnell as ‘clearly not accurate’
by Alexander Bolton   09/06/23 1:32 PM ET

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (R) on Wednesday challenged Capitol Hill attending physician Brian Monahan’s finding that Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell’s (Ky.) recent freeze-ups were possibly the result of dehydration as “misinformation” and “clearly not accurate.” 

Paul said he also thinks “most Americans” are skeptical of Monahan’s claims.

McConnell froze for about 20 seconds at a press conference in the Capitol in July, then for about 30 seconds while answering reporters’ questions in Kentucky last week. 

“When you get dehydrated you don’t have moments where your eyes look in the distance with a vacant look and you’re sort of basically unconscious with your eyes open. That is not a symptom of dehydration,” Paul told The Hill Wednesday morning. 

Paul, an ophthalmologist and eye surgeon, also questioned Monahan ruling out the possibility that McConnell may be suffering from a seizure disorder based on an EEG, or electroencephalogram test.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4189892-paul-challenges-capitol-doctors-diagnosis-of-mcconnell-as-clearly-not-accurate/
Support the USO

Online LMAO

If you do a head CT scan on someone who’s had a TIA, it won’t always show up like a full blown stroke would

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Polly Ticks

Paul challenges Capitol doctor’s diagnosis of McConnell as ‘clearly not accurate’
by Alexander Bolton   09/06/23 1:32 PM ET

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (R) on Wednesday challenged Capitol Hill attending physician Brian Monahan’s finding that Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell’s (Ky.) recent freeze-ups were possibly the result of dehydration as “misinformation” and “clearly not accurate.” 

Paul said he also thinks “most Americans” are skeptical of Monahan’s claims.

McConnell froze for about 20 seconds at a press conference in the Capitol in July, then for about 30 seconds while answering reporters’ questions in Kentucky last week. 

“When you get dehydrated you don’t have moments where your eyes look in the distance with a vacant look and you’re sort of basically unconscious with your eyes open. That is not a symptom of dehydration,” Paul told The Hill Wednesday morning. 

Paul, an ophthalmologist and eye surgeon, also questioned Monahan ruling out the possibility that McConnell may be suffering from a seizure disorder based on an EEG, or electroencephalogram test.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4189892-paul-challenges-capitol-doctors-diagnosis-of-mcconnell-as-clearly-not-accurate/

Senator Paul is correct.  Having the Capitol physician spout what is obviously a load of hooey is not helpful and doesn't engender trust.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
McConnell to address the Senate when it reconvenes today.

Anyone want to place bets on whether he has another "episode" during his address?
Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

Where's that Iraqi 'it's fine' guy when you need him?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Where's that Iraqi 'it's fine' guy when you need him?

Not the one you requested, but maybe this will do:

Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

Not the one you requested, but maybe this will do:

:laugh: :beer:

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
HAHAHAHA ... that really made laugh (it really did) hahaha
I do not think that DEATH reads Leftist propaganda.
HaHaHa ... so silly
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:01:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.