Author Topic: Gold Star families force Biden to face his failure in the botched Afghanistan withdrawal: ‘Disgrace  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Gold Star families force Biden to face his failure in the botched Afghanistan withdrawal: ‘Disgrace to the nation’
Opinion by Miranda Devine

17h

The families of 13 American service members killed during Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan two years ago inserted themselves back into the country’s conscience last week.

“Not a single person has been held accountable,” said Mark Schmitz, the father of Marine Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, one of the 13 heroes killed in a terrorist bomb blast on Aug. 26, 2021, during the chaotic military evacuation of Kabul airport. “Our so-called leader can’t seem to even utter their names in public, not even once.”

The Gold Star families’ unanswered reproach of the president finally found voice when they testified before the House Foreign Affairs Committee last week, almost exactly two years after the debacle.

They told their stories eloquently, with dignity, anger and still-raw pain.

A wrong has been done, no one has been held to account and no lessons have been learned.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gold-star-families-force-biden-to-face-his-failure-in-the-botched-afghanistan-withdrawal-disgrace-to-the-nation/ar-AA1gc2Ny?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=12b8eb979ae64c6490019a72c558ea32&ei=122
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson