Author Topic: Hurricane Response Reveals Ron DeSantis' Competence and Leadership and Trump’s Pettiness  (Read 13279 times)

Online libertybele

Fact is... in essence, withholding/refusing to vote for the GOP Nominee for POTUS you are assisting Obama in the destructive 'Transformation' of the USA.

NOT A SERMON...just a suggestion.

Here we go again --- I will NOT vote for someone who I don't think will move this country in a conservative direction. If that means voting third party or just down ballot, that does NOT mean I am assisting O'Bammy. 

You can look at it however you want, but I refuse to vote for anyone other than a conservative.  At the end of the day in the long run, not voting for a conservative under the GOP umbrella gets you the some results as voting for a DEM. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Fact is... in essence, withholding/refusing to vote for the GOP Nominee for POTUS you are assisting Obama in the destructive 'Transformation' of the USA.

A tired argument, already defeated many, many times. And one that gives license to Republicans without measure.

@DCPatriot

Online Hoodat

Feeding the swamp with massive deficit spending covered by devaluing the currency is the primary factor in Obamaesque destructive transformation of the USA.  Fact.  And for some unknown reason, you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Wait, you mean like certain Trump supporters have said they would do? 

Online Hoodat

Wait, you mean like certain Trump supporters have said they would do?

But that's different.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Here we go again --- I will NOT vote for someone who I don't think will move this country in a conservative direction. If that means voting third party or just down ballot, that does NOT mean I am assisting O'Bammy. 

You can look at it however you want, but I refuse to vote for anyone other than a conservative.  At the end of the day in the long run, not voting for a conservative under the GOP umbrella gets you the some results as voting for a DEM.

Look... I'm not doing anything here but stating a FACT!

You all can dress it up anyway you want.

You guys are fighting  STILL Conservatism v Liberalism/Progressivism. Like a platoon of Japanese soldiers living somewhere in the Philippine jungle fighting WWII.

The Enemy is Clear.

If you all don't get your head out your collective asses, you're going to be classified someday as Guerillas.

Screw your "Conservatism".  And guess what??  Looking at the landscape of America today, Ronald Reagan would agree with me.

WIN THE FK'N ELECTION!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

You guys are fighting  STILL Conservatism v Liberalism/Progressivism. Like a platoon of Japanese soldiers living somewhere in the Philippine jungle fighting WWII.

The Enemy is Clear.

If you all don't get your head out your collective asses, you're going to be classified someday as Guerillas.

Screw your "Conservatism".  And guess what??  Looking at the landscape of America today, Ronald Reagan would agree with me.

WIN THE FK'N ELECTION!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI

Your opinion does not constitute a 'fact' @DCPatriot
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

Your opinion does not constitute a 'fact' @DCPatriot

@libertybele

LOL!  I use simple math to come to my conclusion.

Me and Johann Sebastian Bach.    888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

The Enemy is Clear.

WIN THE FK'N ELECTION!!

No, Reagan would not agree with you. Empowering RINOs to assist in the liberal subjugation of this country is unconscionable. I will have no hand in it.

You want my vote, start acting like Republicans and Conservatives.

Liberalism is not winning by its merit. It has no merit.
It is winning because t has no opposition.

NO MORE throwing conservatives under the bus. I will not be moved.

Offline LMAO

Feeding the swamp with massive deficit spending covered by devaluing the currency is the primary factor in Obamaesque destructive transformation of the USA.  Fact.  And for some unknown reason, you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge it.

Because it’s “their guy” doing what you listed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Because it’s “their guy” doing what you listed

That's right.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

The Enemy is Clear.

Yes it is.  the Enemy is Big Government.  And the only way to defeat the enemy is to stop funding it.  Unfortunately, Trump isn't that person.  The Enemy grew substantially.  As for these Democrats you are afraid of?  They get their power from government spending.  Every single one of them.  And your boy Trump funded the hell out of them.

FACT.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The exact same thing applies to Trump and him saying he would not support 3-4 of the current contenders if they won the nomination.

So what does that say about him?

Online DCPatriot

The exact same thing applies to Trump and him saying he would not support 3-4 of the current contenders if they won the nomination.

So what does that say about him?

Not supporting doesn't mean not voting for...in his circles.

It means not endorsing ...showing public support.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Not supporting doesn't mean not voting for...in his circles.

It means not endorsing ...showing public support.

That's even worse.  Much worse.

You are criticizing people because their inaction of not voting helps enables the election of Joe Biden.  But for ordinary individual citizens, that inaction only results in the loss of one vote.

In the case of a political leader like Trump with a large following, his failure to publicly support the nominee could potentially cost the GOP nominee millions of votes.  That would do far more to enable the election of Joe Biden than one average citizen withholding their own single vote.

Offline bilo

The great myth!

Conservatives have played this game for generations, "it's not us who have allowed uncontrolled deficit spending to create a debt bomb, it's the other guys".

Conservatives have claimed they stand on principal and nothing changes. Trump comes along and all of a sudden a border wall starts getting built. SCOTUS judges are nominated who end up putting an end to Roe v. Wade. China is actually confronted on trade policy and the loss of manufacturing is addressed. I think I will stick with the populists who put America First and not the conservatives who are controlled by the donor class, talk a big game and never get anything done.

I like DeSantis because he falls in line with the Populists. I think he would be a great POTUS. However, this time around it has got to be TRUMP. For me this decision is easy. I don't want to see the republic destroyed by the lawfare being perpetuated by the Rats and ignored by the conservatives.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Hoodat

That's even worse.  Much worse.

You are criticizing people because their inaction of not voting helps enables the election of Joe Biden.

Voting for Trump in 2016 is what enabled the election of Joe Biden in 2020.

Consider the second election results.  The contrast between Donald Trump against Conservatives like Ronald Reagan and Ron DeSantis is startling.

Reagan:

1980 - 50.7%
1984 - 58.8%         (+8.1)

DeSantis:

1918 - 49.6%
1922 - 59.4%         (+9.8)

Trump:

2016 - 46.1%
2020 - 46.8%         (+0.7)

This is what you guys are pushing, @DCPatriot

Offline roamer_1

The great myth!

Conservatives have played this game for generations, "it's not us who have allowed uncontrolled deficit spending to create a debt bomb, it's the other guys".

Conservatives have claimed they stand on principal and nothing changes. Trump comes along and all of a sudden a border wall starts getting built. SCOTUS judges are nominated who end up putting an end to Roe v. Wade. China is actually confronted on trade policy and the loss of manufacturing is addressed. I think I will stick with the populists who put America First and not the conservatives who are controlled by the donor class, talk a big game and never get anything done.

I like DeSantis because he falls in line with the Populists. I think he would be a great POTUS. However, this time around it has got to be TRUMP. For me this decision is easy. I don't want to see the republic destroyed by the lawfare being perpetuated by the Rats and ignored by the conservatives.

HAHAHA! at what expense? Trillions upon tens of trillions... Because populists have no sense of future. And the destruction of liberties... Again, because populism can't see farther than their nose, and cannot see the implications and precedents that were set. This is the 'candy from the front of the parade' effect - Point to one or two successes and a host of temporary EOs, and entirely ignore the tremendous damage caused.

Lawfare? What exactly does it fix if he's elected? What can he do with that? NOTHING. You fight lawfare in the court. You win and countersue, and win a huge pile of money - THAT's what keeps them from trying it again. Winning the presidency does nothing at all.

And no... Your ire should be turned toward the moderates -The NEOCONS of the Republican moderate wing.  They are the ones in power, and have held those levers of power almost all the way along.

The Conservative wing - The Goldwater/Reagan wing has moved the ball when they can. In fact the only times that Republicans acted like Republicans promised, The Conservatives were moving the ball (Reagan, the 94 Congress, The TEA Party), and driving almost every individual Conservative success.

DeSantis IS a Conservative, not a populist, and not aligned with populists' false promises in any way

It is the moderates who hold the power, and the flatulence of populists who have no  vision longer than their nose that sucks the wind out of the Conservative movement. And that's how it's always been. Those are the things that STOP Conservatism.

Your idea of how thing are is just wrong. Stop listening to the rah-rah crowd and think.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The great myth!

@bilo

Well stated!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Voting for Trump in 2016 is what enabled the election of Joe Biden in 2020.

Consider the second election results.  The contrast between Donald Trump against Conservatives like Ronald Reagan and Ron DeSantis is startling.

Reagan:

1980 - 50.7%
1984 - 58.8%         (+8.1)

DeSantis:

1918 - 49.6%
1922 - 59.4%         (+9.8)

Trump:

2016 - 46.1%
2020 - 46.8%         (+0.7)

This is what you guys are pushing, @DCPatriot

@Hoodat

You are more full of "biden" than a Christmas goose.

ANYTHING to justify your stand,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
HAHAHA! at what expense? Trillions upon tens of trillions... Because populists have no sense of future. And the destruction of liberties... Again, because populism can't see farther than their nose, and cannot see the implications and precedents that were set. This is the 'candy from the front of the parade' effect - Point to one or two successes and a host of temporary EOs, and entirely ignore the tremendous damage caused.

Lawfare? What exactly does it fix if he's elected? What can he do with that? NOTHING. You fight lawfare in the court. You win and countersue, and win a huge pile of money - THAT's what keeps them from trying it again. Winning the presidency does nothing at all.

And no... Your ire should be turned toward the moderates -The NEOCONS of the Republican moderate wing.  They are the ones in power, and have held those levers of power almost all the way along.

The Conservative wing - The Goldwater/Reagan wing has moved the ball when they can. In fact the only times that Republicans acted like Republicans promised, The Conservatives were moving the ball (Reagan, the 94 Congress, The TEA Party), and driving almost every individual Conservative success.

DeSantis IS a Conservative, not a populist, and not aligned with populists' false promises in any way

It is the moderates who hold the power, and the flatulence of populists who have no  vision longer than their nose that sucks the wind out of the Conservative movement. And that's how it's always been. Those are the things that STOP Conservatism.

Your idea of how thing are is just wrong. Stop listening to the rah-rah crowd and think.

@roamer_1

And THERE you are justifying the "invasion"  of America by foreigners because  you are terrified that you might be taxed for putting up a wall and guarding it.

NO THOUGHT WHATSOEVER as to what these foreign invaders are going to cost us in the long run,both  in taxes and the loss of our country,because with people like you it is all about  "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Online corbe

@sneakypete you continue to paint with a broad brush.   

TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   @sneakypete you continue to paint with a broad brush.   

TTIUWP:

@corbe

She could be my new friend if she would play her cards right.