Author Topic: Affluent liberal town protests homeless shelter during ‘rowdy’ council meeting: House them ‘in the r  (Read 255 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Affluent liberal town protests homeless shelter during ‘rowdy’ council meeting: House them ‘in the rural areas of California instead’
NEWS
CANDACE HATHAWAYAugust 22, 2023

A recent city council meeting in an affluent, liberal California town descended into chaos after hundreds of residents protested a proposed homeless shelter.

Residents from Millbrae, a Bay Area town located 15 miles south of San Francisco, showed up to Friday’s council meeting to tell San Mateo County leaders that they disapproved of a proposed project that would convert a hotel into a homeless shelter. The community center was filled to its 300-person capacity, with many additional residents standing outside.

The proposed plan, if approved, would turn a La Quinta hotel into a 99-unit apartment complex for vetted homeless individuals. The project is estimated to cost roughly $33 million.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/affluent-liberal-town-protests-homeless-shelter-during-rowdy-council-meeting-house-them-in-the-rural-areas-of-california-instead
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Liberal jackwits; this is exactly what you voted for.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberal jackwits; this is exactly what you voted for.
Yes I voted for it, because I'm a nice Liberal Progressive pajama-boy.
But I voted for it for OTHER PEOPLE, not for me and my family to deal with!
This was suppose to screw over Texas and Arizona, NOT ME!!
NIMBY! NIMBY!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.