Author Topic: USASOC SEEKS TO REMOVE BARRIERS FOR WOMEN  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USASOC SEEKS TO REMOVE BARRIERS FOR WOMEN
« on: August 26, 2023, 06:51:39 pm »
USASOC SEEKS TO REMOVE BARRIERS FOR WOMEN
Female soldier training
Photo by: U.S. Army/K. Kassens
Thu, 08/24/2023 - 07:08

After a commandwide survey found widespread gender bias and sexual harassment, Army Special Operations Command is working on dozens of initiatives to better care for the women serving in its formations.

“Humans are more important than hardware, and anything that makes the individual [special operations] operator better … that’s our solemn responsibility,” said Lt. Gen. Jonathan Braga, commander of Army Special Operations Command.

Speaking Aug. 21 during a media roundtable, Braga and other leaders from the command discussed findings from a study titled “Breaking Barriers: Women in Army Special Operations.” The goal of the study was to identify barriers female soldiers encounter in Army special operations units and “establish lessons learned and best practices to recruit, maximize comprehensive integration and retain extraordinary soldiers,” the report says.

https://www.ausa.org/news/usasoc-seeks-remove-barriers-women
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson