Author Topic: Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to Be Slashed – Pentagon Irrationality…Again!  (Read 153 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to Be Slashed – Pentagon Irrationality…Again!

Bill Wenger
Aug 17, 2023

We are on the cusp of even more destructive insanity, irrationality and grossly misguided decisions by our military leadership. The woke dopes at the Pentagon are about to foolishly cut the funding and contractor support to the fifty-one-year-old volunteer driven Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Such defunding will be to the overwhelming detriment of the U.S. military reserve service members, their families, and their employers who  tirelessly work free of charge to actively support our military and our national defense.

The mismanaged, non-mission focused, woke senior leadership of our military is planning to eminently reduce the already pitifully small budget of ESGR (FY 2022, $10,046,000 and FY 2023, $9,356.000) irreparably damaging and possibly ending the mission  of ESGR  by virtually eliminating the exceedingly small full-time staff of Volunteer Support Technicians (administrators) for each of the 54 State and Territorial Committees of ESGR. This action would essentially destroy the capability of ESGR to perform and accomplish their important mission for our national defense.

ESGR, begun have than fifty years ago, in 1972, to facilitate the vital effort for re-integration of reserve service members returning from Vietnam back into our economy, their jobs and our communities has been extraordinarily successful providing tens of millions of dollars in  all-volunteer, free services of the primary effort by the Department of Defense to support our 850,000 reserve service members of all military branches, their families and their civilian employers.

https://townhall.com/columnists/billwenger/2023/08/17/employer-support-of-the-guard-and-reserve-to-be-slashed-pentagon-irrationalityagain-n2627126
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson