Author Topic: Mayor Adams’ admin ‘aggressively’ pursuing new strategy to scrap right-to-shelter, calls for more ‘p  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayor Adams’ admin ‘aggressively’ pursuing new strategy to scrap right-to-shelter, calls for more ‘pressure’ on Gov. Hochul over NYC migrant crisis
Chris Sommerfeldt, New York Daily News
Thu, August 24, 2023 at 8:22 PM EDT·4 min read

Barry Williams/New York Daily News/TNS
NEW YORK — Mayor Eric Adams’ administration is “aggressively” pursuing a new legal strategy for rolling back the city’s right-to-shelter mandate — and wants city lawmakers to ramp up public pressure on Gov. Kathy Hochul for not doing more to alleviate the worsening local migrant crisis, the Daily News has learned.

Top aides to Adams divulged the new details about City Hall’s migrant response in a private Thursday afternoon virtual briefing with members of the City Council and the state Legislature.

Lisa Zornberg, Adams’ newly-appointed chief counsel, touched on the new front in the administration’s bid to scrap the city’s right-to-shelter rule after Republican lawmakers on the call pointed out that the mayor’s original request to do so appears to have stalled in court.

“We are exploring aggressively other legal strategies to bring a semblance of common sense and relief back to this space,” Zornberg told the politicians. “So I hear you, and I’m on the job less than two weeks, and I can tell you this is my top priority.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mayor-adams-admin-aggressively-pursuing-002200284.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson