Author Topic: President Trump is the new Tiananmen ‘Tank Man’  (Read 1167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Trump is the new Tiananmen ‘Tank Man’
« on: August 26, 2023, 02:55:24 pm »
August 26, 2023
President Trump is the new Tiananmen ‘Tank Man’
By Chuck Lowe

On June 5th, 1989 an iconic photo was taken by CNN in Tiananmen Square of “Tank Man,” a singular Chinese citizen, facing down the Chinese Communist Party’s ruthless imperium.

Prior, Tiananmen Square had become an impromptu abattoir, a site where pro-democracy sympathizers had been slaughtered by the thousands. It was the embodiment of Mao Zedong’s famous quip, “political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”

What the Chinese regime didn’t know though, was that the image of “Tank Man” would be captured by a tired photographer from a hotel balcony, and become one of the most recognized symbols of brave defiance to tyranny in the history of the 20th century. The refusal of one man to bow before a despotic regime poured steel down the spines of freedom-lovers — and Trump’s mugshot is the new Tiananmen Square “Tank Man” photograph.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/president_trump_is_the_new_tiananmen_tank_man.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: President Trump is the new Tiananmen ‘Tank Man’
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 03:04:03 pm »
Personally, I think the Tianamen tank man would be very, very happy to trade places with Donald Trump.

But that's just one guy's opinion.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 03:40:03 pm »
What?!?!?!?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 03:52:59 pm »
 :3:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 03:55:33 pm »
Didn't the Tiananmen tank people eventually get crushed under tank tracks?  They ended up replacing the slabs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 04:13:51 pm »
Polycarp of Smyrna.
Justin Martyr.
Scillitan Martyrs.
Perpetua and Felicity.
Ptolemaeus and Lucius.
Pothinus, bishop of Lyon
Pope Fabian.
Sebastian.

And now a new addition to the list(apparently)

Orangeus Egomaximus :whistle:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 04:16:07 pm »
If the topic wasn't so dark, I'd swear this was a Babylon Bee Piece.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2023, 04:17:01 pm »

lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 04:25:17 pm »
Who had the tos trump comparison list? I remember when some there said he was seabiscuit. Got a kick out of that one. :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2023, 04:25:29 pm »
Rhetorical question:

Wondering how many of you bleeping retards even read the article?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 04:32:35 pm »
Rhetorical question:

Afther that pathetic pandering title?  Are you shitting me?  Why would we?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 04:36:49 pm »

happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 04:42:16 pm »
Rhetorical question:

I did @DCPatriot .

Hyperbolic bullcrap.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 04:47:12 pm »

////00000////

Only if there's a KFC in Tiananmen Square.

Trump is no self-sacrificing Patriot.  He is a spoiled rich brat who eventually abandons those who sacrifice themselves for him.

His loyalty is a one-way, dead-end street.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2023, 05:02:14 pm »
Rhetorical question:

That's "Mr Bleeping Retard" to you.  Why would I have to read the article to comment on a historical event like Tiananmen?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 05:06:54 pm »
That's "Mr Bleeping Retard" to you.  Why would I have to read the article to comment on a historical event like Tiananmen?

Give it another 8-10 months, the American Stinker will have articles extolling their candidate is the Orange Jesus.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 05:18:39 pm »

LOL!   :laugh:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 05:24:05 pm »
Polycarp of Smyrna.
Justin Martyr.
Scillitan Martyrs.
Perpetua and Felicity.
Ptolemaeus and Lucius.
Pothinus, bishop of Lyon
Pope Fabian.
Sebastian.

I think you could add Saint Peter to the list. He was crucified upside down. That’s ALMOST like what Trump is enduring.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 05:27:51 pm »

:amen:

That being said, I did read the article, and the comparison is still ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 05:29:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 05:32:15 pm »
Who had the tos trump comparison list? I remember when some there said he was seabiscuit. Got a kick out of that one. :laugh:

EveningStar
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2023, 05:33:13 pm »
:amen:

That being said, I did read the article, and the comparison is still ridiculous.

As did I
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2023, 05:47:40 pm »
A special thanks to all of you!

Sun Tzu might say in ART OF WAR:

Never respond to  rhetorical question when doing so makes you
a self-admitted "beeping retard".   :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2023, 05:50:39 pm »
I think you could add Saint Peter to the list. He was crucified upside down. That’s ALMOST like what Trump is enduring.

You forgot your sarcasm tag, @deb  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2023, 05:51:36 pm »
As did I

In fact, the article is even worse than the headline.  Comparing the impact of the two photos...I don't remember anyone selling souvenir mugs of the Tianamen square guy, who gave his life.

Trump just gave bail money.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2023, 06:45:26 pm »
I had no intention to leave anyone out, I simply copied a short list to make my point about the real sanctimonious politician and a perennial politician despite what his parishioners say. What else do you call someone in his third presidential campaign.

My apologies to any I didn't give mention to.