Author Topic: NATIONUS Justice Department Files Lawsuit Against SpaceX Alleging Hiring Discrimination against Refu  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Justice Department Files Lawsuit Against SpaceX Alleging Hiring Discrimination against Refugees and Asylum Seekers
Published 3 seconds ago on August 24, 2023

The US Justice Department has taken legal action against Elon Musk’s aerospace company, SpaceX, by filing a lawsuit that accuses the company of engaging in hiring discrimination against refugees and asylum seekers.

The lawsuit alleges that SpaceX systematically discouraged refugees and asylees from applying for jobs and refused to hire or consider them based on their citizenship status from September 2018 to May 2022.

The civil suit follows an investigation that began more than two years ago after a complaint surfaced claiming that SpaceX had discriminated against non-US citizens during its hiring process.

According to reports, The Justice Department claims that SpaceX invoked “export control laws” as a false pretext to limit its hiring pool to only US citizens and green card holders. However, the lawsuit contends that export control laws do not impose such restrictions, and that companies like SpaceX can hire refugees and asylees under these laws.

The alleged discrimination took place across various stages of the hiring process. The lawsuit asserts that SpaceX discouraged refugees and asylees from applying by excluding them from public announcements, job applications, and online recruiting communications. Moreover, the company allegedly failed to fairly evaluate job applications from these individuals and refused to hire them due to their citizenship status.

https://saraacarter.com/us-justice-department-files-lawsuit-against-spacex-alleging-hiring-discrimination-against-refugees-and-asylum-seekers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does some of the work that SpaceX does require Government security clearances and background checks?

Many of the higher security clearances before that a legal citizen be a native-born American.

Is this lawsuit an attempt by a corrupt DOJ to squeeze SpaceX's owner, Elon Musk, to snuff free speech and make X (Twitter) a Hunter Biden free zone leading into the 2024 election season?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright