Author Topic: Merging of Public Health & Climate: American Medical Association declared climate change a public he  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Merging of Public Health & Climate: American Medical Association declared climate change a public health crisis – Physicians Urged to discuss ‘climate change’ with patients

At the 2022 annual meeting of the American Medical Association (AMA), climate change was declared a public health crisis. AMA Board Member Ilse R. Levin, DO, MPH, stated that “the scientific evidence is clear — our patients are already facing adverse health effects associated with climate change, from heat-related injuries, vector-borne diseases, and air pollution from wildfires to worsening seasonal allergies and storm-related illness and injuries." ...

"How Can Physicians Be Prepared To Discuss Climate Change With Patients?...By recognizing the effects of extreme weather caused by climate change, physicians can be better prepared to address symptoms and appropriately diagnose patients. An effective method for discussing the effects of climate change is to emphasize the health consequences of the weather event. By starting a discussion about how a particular symptom is caused by climate change, physicians can appeal to the patient’s main interest...

Physicians can broach the topic of climate change and health by using brief educational messages with their patients. ... An effective method for discussing the effects of climate change is to emphasize the health consequences of the weather event. By starting a discussion about how a particular symptom is caused by climate change, physicians can appeal to the patient’s main interest. For example, if a patient presents with asthma and difficulty breathing, physicians can start the conversation by mentioning that the difficulty breathing is likely a result of high air pollution caused by climate change...

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/08/24/merging-of-public-health-climate-american-medical-association-declared-climate-change-a-public-health-crisis-physicians-urged-to-discuss-climate-change-with-patients/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson