Author Topic: Smugglers sending migrants via desolate stretch east of Tijuana  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Smugglers sending migrants via desolate stretch east of Tijuana
Story by Salvador Rivera •
5h

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — On a daily basis, anywhere from 200 to 300 migrants are entering the United States via a desolate and mountainous area between Tijuana and the small town of Tecate, according to a published report in the El Sol Newspaper.

The article quotes David Pérez Tejada, director of Mexico’s National Institute of Migration in Tijuana.

“Those are figures given to us by the Border Patrol,” Pérez Tejada told El Sol.

But Angel Moreno, a spokesperson for Border Patrol, says he is unaware of such statistics saying that altogether in the month of July, in the San Diego sector, there were about 485 daily apprehensions.

Moreno stated the number includes stops made north of the border between Tijuana and Tecate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/smugglers-sending-migrants-via-desolate-stretch-east-of-tijuana/ar-AA1fI8Ce?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=251fc7a33e7545b9b7b54ba5958308c7&ei=16
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 03:26:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Smugglers sending migrants via desolate stretch east of Tijuana
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 03:27:18 pm »
Just that much easier to abandon them that way.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson