Author Topic: Federal Authorities See Massive 33% Spike In Illegal Immigration At Southern Border  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal Authorities See Massive 33% Spike In Illegal Immigration At Southern Border
U.S. President Joe Biden visits El Paso

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
August 18, 2023

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered a surge in migrants at the southern border in July after the Biden administration claimed success in the implementation of new policies and programs, according to federal data released Friday.

CBP recorded 183,503 migrant encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border in July, according to the data. The Biden administration has touted the creation of new legal pathways for migrants to get to the U.S. following the expiration of the Title 42 expulsion order in May as the reason CBP migrant encounters dropped from 206,701 in May to 144,566 in June. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Number Of Illegal Migrants In Border Patrol Custody More Than Doubles After Post-Title 42 Drop)

One of the trademarks of the Biden administration plan has been CBP One, a phone application allowing migrants to book entry appointments at several ports along the southern border. CBP processed more than 44,700 migrants through the phone app, which is up from roughly 38,000 in June.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/18/federal-authorities-illegal-immigration-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson