Author Topic: Biden's key immigration policy allowing hundreds of thousands of migrants to enter US faces trial th  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's key immigration policy allowing hundreds of thousands of migrants to enter US faces trial this week
The Republican lawsuit will be heard by Judge Drew Tipton, a Trump appointee, in Victoria, Texas
By Lawrence Richard Fox News
Published August 21, 2023 6:47am EDT

The immigration crisis poses a public health emergency: Dr. Marc Siegel
'Outnumbered' panelists weigh in after Bill Maher criticized Democratic leaders for 'posturing' on immigration.

A key part of President Biden's immigration policy, the humanitarian parole program, which allows up to 30,000 people from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela to enter the U.S. monthly, will face trial to determine its legality later this week.

The program, which was created for Venezuelans in the fall of 2022 and was expanded again in January, allows migrants from these countries to find a financial sponsor in the U.S. and then grants them a two-year stay. The Biden administration argues the program is vital in reducing stress on the U.S.-Mexico border but 21 Republican states claim in a lawsuit that the administration is inappropriately using the program – usurping the power of Congress in doing so.

The Republican lawsuit threatening to end the program will be heard by Judge Drew Tipton, a Trump appointee, in Victoria, Texas, beginning Thursday. A decision will come later.

https://www.newsnow.com/us/US/Immigration#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson