Author Topic: Two New Polls Show Biden Immigration Approval Further Slipping  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two New Polls Show Biden Immigration Approval Further Slipping
Even while the government appears to be hiding the bad July border numbers

By Andrew R. Arthur on August 17, 2023

Two new polls — one from Reuters/Ipsos and one from Fox News — show that Americans’ disapproval of the job President Biden is doing on immigration is growing, after he had received a tiny approval bump once an expected surge of post-Title 42 migrants failed to immediately develop. Advance reporting indicates that the wave is bubbling up now, as July Southwest border apprehension numbers jumped by about a third from the month before. Not surprisingly, the government appears to be sitting on the official border numbers for last month — because that’s what this administration does with bad border news.

Title 42 and Its Immediate Aftermath. While Biden quickly ditched nearly all the successful Trump-era immigration-related policies that had brought a modicum of security to the Southwest border, he kept CDC orders — issued under Title 42 of the U.S. Code in response to the Covid-19 pandemic — directing the expulsion of illegal migrants in place, at least for a while.

Biden tried to end Title 42 in late May 2022, but that effort was blocked in the courts, and his DOJ made only half-hearted efforts to overturn that result.

Then, in mid-November, a different federal judge told DHS it had to stop expelling aliens by December 20, though the Supreme Court further delayed that end date.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Two-New-Polls-Show-Biden-Immigration-Approval-Further-Slipping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson