Author Topic: Biden quietly sells off border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them  (Read 725 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden quietly sells off border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them
By Mary Kay Linge,
Matthew Sedacca and
Jon Levine   
August 19, 2023 10:53am

Steel structural tubes like these — purchased with taxpayer funds — were meant to form panels in Trump’s US-Mexico border wall.

The Biden administration is quietly auctioning off millions of dollars’ worth of unused parts from former President Trump’s border wall for peanuts – in an apparent end-run around pending legislation in Congress.

Since April, GovPlanet, an online auction house specializing in military surplus, has sold 81 lots of steel “square structural tubes” — intended for use as vertical bollards in the border barrier’s 30-foot-tall panels — hauling in about $2 million.

On Tuesday, GovPlanet netted $154,200 for 729 of the 28-foot-tall hollow beams, sold in five separate lots for an average $212 apiece.

Thirteen more lots are set to be auctioned on Aug. 23 and Aug. 30.

But just last month, as part of its annual defense appropriations package, the Democrat-led Senate passed a Republican-sponsored bill aimed at forcing Biden to stem the worsening migrant crisis at the US-Mexico border by extending the wall.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/biden-sells-border-wall-parts-to-thwart-gop-push-to-use-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
When Mr. Trump gets re-elected, he should ask the Israelis for the design plans for their border wall:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When Mr. Trump gets re-elected, he should ask the Israelis for the design plans for their border wall:

Ummm, wasn't that exactly the type border wall he sold voters when he was campaigning? Was it just malarkey like all politicians blow at voters?

Offline libertybele

Ummm, wasn't that exactly the type border wall he sold voters when he was campaigning? Was it just malarkey like all politicians blow at voters?

Yes, he made reference to the wall that Israel had and promised that we would have a big beautiful wall.  Where is it?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

Yes, he made reference to the wall that Israel had and promised that we would have a big beautiful wall.  Where is it?
Should have found this for my post, probably better I reply to yours with it.
For example, in a Jan. 18, 2016, speech in New Hampshire, Trump said: “No windows, no nothing, precast concrete going very high. Let’s see about concrete going very high.”

Offline libertybele

Trump had every opportunity to build a wall -- he had a super majority his first two years.  He neglected to act on that promise and waited till just days before the new House members were to be seated.  He FAILED on this promise; the promise that got him elected.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
So if a Conservative wins election again (big if)... the taxpayer will have to foot the bill of rebuying this material at full costs...

Thanks Brandon (you commie American hating pig).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden is doing what blind ignorant voters elected him to do.  Slick Willy, Obama, Biden all succeeded in lieing to the American people at election time.  At election time fools bought the lies like they were crack cocaine, but at least they saved us from the evil Trump, right NeverTrumpers?  Where'd they go?  and the damn fools that bought into all the lies?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online GtHawk

Biden is doing what blind ignorant voters elected him to do.  Slick Willy, Obama, Biden all succeeded in lieing to the American people at election time.  At election time fools bought the lies like they were crack cocaine, but at least they saved us from the evil Trump, right NeverTrumpers?  Where'd they go?  and the damn fools that bought into all the lies?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Blah blah blah blah! I'm curious, how can you post from so far up Trumps butt?

Offline libertybele

So if a Conservative wins election again (big if)... the taxpayer will have to foot the bill of rebuying this material at full costs...

Thanks Brandon (you commie American hating pig).

At this point you are right; a mighty big IF that a conservative will be seated.  Yes -- rebuying materials at today's costs is probably what we the taxpayers would be looking at.  IIRC private entities were building part of the wall and were legally mandated to stop.

Let's Go Brandon!  FJB!

Online Hoodat

BIDEN ADMIN SELLS OFF BORDER WALL COMPONENTS WORTH $300 MILLION FOR $2 MILLION

Erica Carlin  |  2 hours ago

On Sunday, Maria Bartiromo revealed that the Biden Administration sold parts of the Trump border wall for only $2 million – an outrageous sum compared to the $300 million it cost to purchase.

This is yet another example of how the current Democratic leadership has failed to deliver on their campaign promises and instead chosen to sell off a highly effective tool used to protect American citizens and their borders.

It is time for President Biden and his party to recognize the importance of our national security and put an end to these misguided policies.  .  .  .

https://libertyonenews.com/biden-admin-sells-off-border-wall-components-worth-300-million-for-2-million/

The State of Texas would have paid a lot more than that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It is just as well the wall didn't get built. Biden would have torn it down. Which, I guess, is what this is.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mod5

Re: Biden quietly sells off border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2023, 09:55:16 pm »
Merged.

Online GtHawk

It is just as well the wall didn't get built. Biden would have torn it down. Which, I guess, is what this is.
The illegals, especially the cartels were getting more adept at cutting through, bashing through or climbing over that awesome metal fence every day and pretty soon they would have been selling it back to us as scrap metal.

Offline berdie

Re: Biden quietly sells off border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2023, 10:45:00 pm »
I hope the border states are scarfing these materials up.