Author Topic: Climate activists are getting people killed  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate activists are getting people killed
« on: August 19, 2023, 10:51:28 am »
Climate activists are getting people killed
Opinion by Conn Carroll

17h

It is a heavy charge to blame a movement for a tragedy like the wildfires that killed at least 100 people in Maui, but the more information we get about what started the fire and how it spread, it sure seems like climate activists and their Democratic Party minions are the reason people died.

The Wall Street Journal reports today that Hawaiian Electric knew for years that the combination of unsecured power lines and invasive dry brush was causing a huge spike in wildfires, but instead of investing resources in securing power lines and clearing brush, the company spent millions trying to meet Democratic Party-created renewable energy mandates instead.

“The growing risk of wildfire on Maui had been known for years,” the WSJ reports. “The number of acres burned on the island soared to 39,000 in 2019, from 150 in 1999.”

The cause of the spike in fires was well documented. “Roughly one-quarter of state land in Hawaii is now covered by invasive grasses and shrubs,” the WSJ reports, and those grasses are known to be highly flammable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/climate-activists-are-getting-people-killed/ar-AA1fsm40?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c68d75435d094650928296bd551ec850&ei=11
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Climate activists are getting people killed
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
Opportunity Cost means that all the resources allocated for Climate Change Nonsense are taking resources away from something more worthwhile.

Grasslands and forest lands require maintenance.  Brush needs to be cleared.  Sick, dying trees need to be cut down and removed.  Some overgrown forests may need tree removal.  Grass needs to be cut back, preferrably by grazing animals.  Government used to fulfill this function.

////00000////

Now, Government wastes its resources on Green Energy and Bike Lanes.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright