Author Topic: Is Weather Really Getting More ‘Extreme?’  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is Weather Really Getting More ‘Extreme?’
« on: August 15, 2023, 11:42:26 am »
Is Weather Really Getting More ‘Extreme?’

From Epoch Times‘ Kevin Stocklin column IN-DEPTH: Legal Storm Brewing Over Insurers’ ESG Agenda:

Despite the claim that weather is getting more “extreme,” some who track climate trends say the evidence suggests otherwise.

NPR wrote in January that “climate change makes heat waves, storms, and droughts worse,” and according to the EPA, record-setting daily high temperatures have become more common in the United States since the 1970s. However, according to a more extensive set of climate data, the 1970s were an unusually cool period, and heat waves were significantly more extreme a century ago than they are today.

Gregory Wrightstone, executive director of the CO2 Coalition, researched data over the past 100 years from the U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) and found that heat waves, measured as the number of days with temperatures over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, reached a peak in the 1930s and have been declining since.

Data from the U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) indicates heat waves were worse a century ago. (Courtesy of Gregory Wrightstone, USHCN)

Forest fires and hurricanes also appear not to be escalating.

https://co2coalition.org/news/is-weather-really-getting-more-extreme/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Is Weather Really Getting More ‘Extreme?’
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 11:44:50 am »
No.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Is Weather Really Getting More ‘Extreme?’
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 10:00:29 pm »
When I read the title, one word came to me immediately:
No.

(and yes, I read the post above this one)