Author Topic: No, ‘The Conversation,’ Climate Change Isn’t Increasing Earthquakes  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, ‘The Conversation,’ Climate Change Isn’t Increasing Earthquakes
By Anthony Watts -August 15, 20230

A story posted in The Conversation, and distributed by MSN News, claims that climate change is influencing the number of earthquakes. Data shows this is false. The study was so limited in scope it isn’t representative of climate change either by reach or time.

The article, “Scientists Find a Possible Connection Between Climate Change and Earthquake Risk” claims that seasonal monsoons from India, which produce snow and ice in the Himalayan Mountain range, set the stage for Earthquakes when the water drains, and the ice melts – which relieves surface pressure from the weight of the ice.

While loss of ice and water weight may in fact result in some small tremors as water evaporates and ice melts, causing a rebound of the land due to the removed weight, the article is severely flawed in trying to link these events to climate change to them for several reasons.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/08/no-the-conversation-climate-change-isnt-increasing-earthquakes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson