Author Topic: Calif. Moves To Siphon Your EV’s Battery To Power Its Grid  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Calif. Moves To Siphon Your EV’s Battery To Power Its Grid
« on: August 14, 2023, 10:44:19 am »
WRITTEN BY JOHN NOLTE ON AUG 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Calif. Moves To Siphon Your EV’s Battery To Power Its Grid

ev chargingState legislators in Democrat-run California are looking to pass a law that will make it easy for the power company (PG&E) to steal energy from your electric car battery.

The idea is this: when California’s third-world electric grid needs extra juice, the power company will simply suck that juice straight from your electric car battery. [emphasis, links added]

This is possible due to what’s known as “bi-directional” charging, which was originally conceived as a way to use your electric car as an emergency generator in the event of a power outage, which is a nifty idea.

Naturally, Democrats and PG&E only see a way to use this technology to further their evil designs:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/calif-moves-to-siphon-your-evs-battery-to-power-its-grid/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Calif. Moves To Siphon Your EV’s Battery To Power Its Grid
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 09:43:14 pm »
Hmmmm...
Lemmme get this straight...

An EV owner comes home from work, and plugs in his car for the night.
He gets up the next morning, readies for work, then gets in the car, and...
...Instead of charging, the battery has been "emptied" by the power company, all the way down to 5% capacity.
Not enough to go much of anywhere.

But wait...there's more !
There's a message on the display from the power company:
"Per state regulations, we have reclaimed energy from your battery.'
Please note you will receive a credit of $2.75 on your bill from us.
Also be aware that a state-mandated "reclamation charge" of $3.00 will be added to your monthly statement.
Thank you for being our customer."

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Calif. Moves To Siphon Your EV’s Battery To Power Its Grid
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 09:48:35 pm »
... If those EV batteris were able to charge when PG&E had not shutdown power lines to prevent wild fires.

Remember this liberal moonbat nonsense if Gavin Newsom runs for President or is tapped for a Cabinet post.

Liberals don't solve problems; they redistribute them, just like other people's money.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.