Author Topic: Hunter Biden case: First son likely to stand trial after plea deal talks collapse  (Read 225 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hunter Biden case: First son likely to stand trial after plea deal talks collapse
By Steven Nelson
August 11, 2023 2:19pm  Updated

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors in Delaware said Friday that discussions with first son Hunter Biden’s lawyers about resurrecting a probation-only plea bargain for tax and gun charges are at an “impasse” and that there’s likely to be a trial in the case in either Washington, DC, or Southern California.

The court filings coincided with Attorney General Merrick Garland announcing that he is appointing Delaware US Attorney David Weiss to serve as special counsel in the case, meaning he will have additional investigative powers and the ability to bring charges outside of his jurisdiction.

Hunter, 53, agreed in June to plead guilty to two tax-crime misdemeanors and to a gun-charge felony that would be expunged after two years of probation.

But the plea deal dramatically collapsed during a July 26 court hearing.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/11/hunter-biden-case-first-son-likely-to-stand-trial-after-talks-collapse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That may be the spin but not the actuality. We'll see how much Weiss slow walks it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley