Author Topic: Republicans Rip Joe Biden for Tying U.S. Disaster Relief to Ukraine Funding  (Read 678 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Rip Joe Biden for Tying U.S. Disaster Relief to Ukraine Funding

Hannah Bleau 11 Aug 2023

Republicans are ripping President Joe Biden for attempting to tie U.S. disaster relief to Ukraine funding, asserting that the president is holding Americans “hostage.”

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is leading the charge, urging Congress to separate disaster relief in the U.S. from billions more in aid to Ukraine.

Biden this week was originally expected to request more aid for Ukraine, with a figure “north of $10 billion.” Indeed, according to the Associated Press (AP), Biden requested over $13 billion in “emergency defense aid to Ukraine and an additional $8 billion for humanitarian support through the end of the year.”

The $40-billion aid package includes $12 billion for disaster relief in the U.S. as well, triggering concerns among Republicans and prompting Rubio, who tends to support aid to Ukraine with more oversight, to take action.

“President Biden is holding Floridians and other Americans hostage by tying critical domestic disaster relief to foreign military aid,” Rubio stated on Thursday.

“While the Biden administration works with my colleagues in the House on what can actually pass, I urge prompt consideration of legislation to replenish the Disaster Relief Fund,” the Florida senator added, prompting agreement from fellow Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH).

“Marco and I don’t always agree on Ukraine policy, but he is absolutely right about this. We have just had horrible fires in Maui. Biden still hasn’t declared a disaster in East Palestine, and hurricane season is just around the corner,” Vance said.

“Do disaster aid, then we can debate Ukraine,” Vance added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/11/republicans-rip-joe-biden-for-tying-u-s-disaster-relief-to-ukraine-funding/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
extortion! *cough* *cough* treason! *cough* *cough*
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Expect the foreigners will get their money first too!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Newsmax:
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., accused President Joe Biden of holding Americans hostage by tying emergency funding for the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) to more financial aid to Ukraine.

On Thursday, Biden submitted a $40.1 billion emergency spending request to Congress, according to Rubio's office, including $24.1 billion for Ukraine and $12 billion for FEMA, which reportedly is facing a shortfall with its disaster relief program. ...
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
Biden wants to tie the money to Maui and East Palestine to Ukraine funding.
So if you don’t vote for one, you get none.
He’s literally holding Hawaii and Ohio hostage.
McCarthy needs to force a separate aid package for Hawaii and for East Palestine that doesn’t include a single dollar for Ukraine.
Ukraine is not our country. Not our fight. Not our problem.
1:09 PM · Aug 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Promises Maui Fire Survivors $700 Per Household — Less Than What Is Spent on Ukraine

Kristina Wong 15 Aug 2023

President Joe Biden announced Monday that survivors of the Maui fires would receive “a one-time $700 payment per household,” after he faced criticism for telling a reporter he had “no comment” on the rising death toll.

His account posted: “We’re laser-focused on getting aid to survivors, including Critical Needs Assistance: a one-time $700 payment per household offering relief during an unimaginably difficult time.”

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1691109605278179328

The one-time payment of $700 per household is less than the estimated cost to each American household for the Ukraine War, according to a budget expert at the Heritage Foundation.

Richard Stern, director of The Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget, calculated that the congressionally-approved aid to Ukraine of $113 billion amounts to roughly $900 per American household.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/15/biden-promises-700-per-household-in-maui-less-than-what-is-spent-on-ukraine/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He's talking now about Maui...he's so concerned
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don't be fooled...it took Biden 7 days to make this speech...
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
700 bucks?  How white of him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
700 bucks?  How white of him.

That's a Happy Meal for each member in a household of four. Very generous.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

Mahalo: FEMA's Maui relief efforts to be "culturally responsive"

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/08/15/mahalo-femas-maui-relief-efforts-to-be-culturally-responsive-n571310

What does “culturally responsive” even mean?

Hopefully it’s not merely a more artfully phrased version of what the dolt we have for a Vice President announced what official policy for Hurricane Ian recovery…
The administration caught it in the chops for that one and you would think they’d just say “We’re here to help everyone.” They can’t help themselves, being utterly incapable of dispensing with the pandering virtue signaling while standing on the smoking ruins of American lives.

WTH!!! As Hurricane Sandy was with OhBummer!, Maui is shaping up to be with LIEden what the MSM pretend-hyped Hurricane Katrina to have been for GWB and Hurricane Maria for Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden says he will visit Hawaii ‘as soon as we can’ amid criticism to Maui wildfire response
by Alex Gangitano - 08/15/23 2:31 PM ET

President Biden said Tuesday he and first lady Jill Biden would visit Hawaii, though he gave no timeline to do so amid criticism he has faced over his response to wildfires that have devastated the island of Maui.

“My wife Jill and I are going to travel to Hawaii as soon as we can. That’s what I’ve been talking to the governor about; I don’t want to get in the way. I’ve been to too many disaster areas,” Biden said at the top of remarks on the Inflation Reduction Act in Wisconsin.

“But I want to go, make sure we’ve got everything they need. Want to make sure we don’t disrupt the ongoing recovery efforts,” he added.

He called the wildfires “devastating” and noted that it has taken the lives of 99 people, making it the deadliest wildfire in the U.S. in a century. Biden said he has “reassured” Hawaii that it will have everything it needs from the federal government.

“It’s painstaking work, it takes time, and its nerve wracking,” Biden said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4153904-biden-says-he-will-visit-hawaii-as-soon-as-we-can-amid-criticism-to-maui-wildfire-response/
Support the USO

Offline christian

Save the Ukrainians, send them billions endlessly, let living on the streets become the new norm for Americans, as well as let the dead bury the dead. More relentless clarity in the land of cluelessness and denial. YOUR GETTING WHAT YOU VOTED FOR! Some times life can be soooo just!
Biden is just so much better than Trump, right?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Offline mountaineer

That should cover one night in a hotel and some new clothes. Or two nights, if they don't buy anything else. Thanks, Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

Yeah, Biden and the democrats need to play fair, as if that shiite ever happens.  Defeat TRUMP, he's pro-America, totally intolerable!  You fought for this now enjoy it!  or suffer from it!

Offline Hoodat

FEMA's budget already covers this.  Why do they need to print up additional money?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-