Author Topic: Join the (Grand Old) Party! Nearly Four Times as Many Democrats Have Become Republicans as Vice Vers  (Read 322 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Join the (Grand Old) Party! Nearly Four Times as Many Democrats Have Become Republicans as Vice Versa.

Karl Salzmann
August 9, 2023
Over the last 20 years, about four times as many Democratic state lawmakers have switched to the Republican Party as the other way around.

Eighty-three Democratic legislators have joined the GOP since 1994, compared with only 23 Republicans who became Democrats, Politico reported Wednesday. Five of those blue-to-red switches happened just this year.

One of those new Republicans, Georgia state representative Mesha Mainor, said Democrats "crucified" and "abandoned" her for supporting a school choice bill, prompting her party switch. After Mainor, who is black, announced her decision, internet trolls spammed her email with racist slurs, threats, and other abusive comments, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

North Carolina legislator Tricia Cotham, a longtime Democrat, in April announced her switch to the Republican Party, giving the GOP a veto-proof majority in the state legislature and dealing a blow to the state's Democratic governor. Louisiana state representatives Jeremy LaCombe and Francis Thompson also switched parties this year, along with West Virginia lawmaker Elliott Pritt.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/join-the-grand-old-party/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 03:39:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

We don't require Loyalty pledges either, apparently.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
   We don't require Loyalty pledges either, apparently.

Yeah sure all these democrats have crossed to the GOP and of course they will vote for the repub..........sorry I started laughing so hard as typed that that the tears kept me from finishing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And they will continue to not only vote Dim in the general election,but will vote for the worse candidates in the primary.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Most people are running out the door of Dem and GOP parties to become Independents.

As each party base shrinks, they'll become more extreme.

GOP will want to make Handmaid's Tale a reality.

Dems will drive America towards a Road Warrior dystopian future.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Trump was defeated and lynched many times.  The promised utopia one government is here!  Kwitcher bitchin!
Celebrate, celebrate dance to the music, (yer own music)!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions