Author Topic: Ignore President Biden, Here’s What’s Really Happening in Israel  (Read 257 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ignore President Biden, Here’s What’s Really Happening in Israel
What the judicial reform controversy is really all about.
August 8, 2023 by David Harsanyi 5 Comments

Newsletter

President Joe Biden has reportedly asked Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stop pushing through a “divisive” judicial overhaul bill amid protests.

This is the same Biden, incidentally, who crammed through a massive, highly “divisive,” generational spending bill with zero votes from the opposition; the same guy who regularly rules by unconstitutional executive diktats; and the same guy who has done more to delegitimize the Supreme Court than any president in modern history.

In any event, the president is concerned. As is The New York Times, which reports, “The Israeli Parliament passed a deeply contentious law limiting the Supreme Court’s ability to overturn decisions made by government ministers.” What the Times means is that there is a new law limiting the judiciary’s ability to unilaterally declare legislation “unconstitutional” without using any legal justification whatsoever.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/ignore-president-biden-heres-whats-really-happening-in-israel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson