Author Topic: Out-of-touch progressives are driving nonwhite voters out of the Dem Party  (Read 354 times)

Offline Kamaji

Out-of-touch progressives are driving nonwhite voters out of the Dem Party

By Ruy Teixeira
August 7, 2023

The latest New York Times/Siena College poll has made an impact and underscored the Democrats’ vulnerabilities on many fronts.

The poll found former President Donald Trump and President Biden tied in a 2024 trial heat 43%-43%, with 16% saying they are undecided, would vote for another candidate or would not vote at all.

There are many striking demographic patterns in this result but one of the most striking has been little talked about: Biden’s weakness among nonwhite working-class (noncollege-educated) voters.

Biden leads Trump by a mere 16 points among this demographic. This compares to his lead over Trump of 48 points in 2020. And even that lead was a big drop-off from former President Barack Obama’s 67-point advantage in 2012.

This evolving weakness among nonwhite working-class voters is a direct threat to the massive margins Democrats need to maintain among nonwhite voters to achieve victory.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/out-of-touch-progressives-are-driving-nonwhite-voters-out-of-the-dem-party/

Offline LMAO

Forget the urban black vote. That’s 90 some percentile Democrat. And they keep voting for their own destruction.

Hispanics and Americans of Asian dissent are were Republican candidates can make inroads to
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Forget the urban black vote. That’s 90 some percentile Democrat. And they keep voting for their own destruction.

Hispanics and Americans of Asian dissent are were Republican candidates can make inroads to

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dems have contempt for non-college educated whites.

It's more difficult to win elections when your party has contempt for voters.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fell for this in '22 and it didn't happen. Will believe it when I see it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Republicans really need to allow for reasonable exceptions to abortion bans, otherwise, people will continue to be afraid that the GOP Plan is to make the Handmaid's Tale into reality.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan fulminates:
"Fell for this in '22 and it didn't happen. Will believe it when I see it."

You're absolutely right.
And... it's NOT gonna happen.

We see articles like this again and again and again and again and again (getting tired yet?) each election cycle.

And then... it never happens.

Yet there are still fools -- including some in this forum -- who eat it up.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
White working  people vote with their feet
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.