Author Topic: Exclusive: Biden’s Migrant Detention Facilities Exceed Capacity as Border Crossings Increase — Again  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exclusive: Biden’s Migrant Detention Facilities Exceed Capacity as Border Crossings Increase — Again

Migrants packed into an overcrowded soft-sided detention facility. (File Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Protection)File Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
RANDY CLARK5 Aug 2023189

The Border Patrol is again facing overcrowding issues in several migrant detention facilities along the southwest border, according to a source within Customs and Border Protection. The source says the return of increasing numbers of large migrant group crossings is spurred by migrants’ frustration with the functionality of the CBP-One application. Daily migrant detention numbers exceeded 17,000 in recent weeks according to the source.

The source, not authorized to speak to the media, says daily migrant apprehension numbers peaked at nearly 6,000 per day during the week. At one Border Patrol facility near Eagle Pass, Texas, once the epicenter of the current border crisis, more than 2,000 migrants are being held. The temporary detention facility at this location is designed to hold 1,000 migrants, the source indicated.

On Friday, Rio Grande Valley Sector Chief Patrol Agent Gloria Chavez reported more than 1,000 migrants were apprehended near La Grulla, Texas, in a single 24-hour period. During the first three days of August, RGV agents apprehended nearly 4,400 migrants, according to a law enforcement source.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/08/05/exclusive-bidens-migrant-detention-facilities-exceed-capacity-as-border-crossings-increase-again/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SOFT SIDED FACILITY"?  Don't they mean tent?  Or is the verbiage to make Biden not look so bad? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson