Author Topic: News Outlet Blames Phoenix Warming Trend On Climate Change, Leaves Out UHI Effect  (Read 156 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON AUG 4, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

News Outlet Blames Phoenix Warming Trend On Climate Change, Leaves Out UHI Effect

A recent article posted at Oilprice.com claims that recent warming trends in Phoenix, Arizona are due primarily to increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.

This is false.

Data show that the high levels of warming, especially at night and as measured at an airport, are primarily due to urbanization over time, with the modest warming of the past hundred-plus years playing a very small part in comparison. [emphasis, links added]

The article, “Explaining The Heat Wave: Separating Weather From Climate Change,” written by Robert Rapier, begins by correctly identifying the difference between weather and climate, explaining that weather is a shorter-term event whereas climate is over “years, decades, or centuries.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/news-outlet-blames-phoenix-warming-trend-on-climate-change-leaves-out-uhi-effect/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Political propaganda.