Author Topic: White House Purges 442 Reporters Using New Press Credential Rules  (Read 478 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House Purges 442 Reporters Using New Press Credential Rules
Rob Bluey / @RobertBluey / August 04, 2023

Over the past three months, the number of reporters with access to the White House dropped by 31%. There are now 442 fewer reporters with a coveted “hard pass”—the result of new rules announced in May that took effect Tuesday.

The Daily Signal’s Fred Lucas was among the reporters slated to lose his White House press credentials, although he was given a 10-day extension “to submit the required materials.” The White House now requires reporters to obtain press credentials from Congress or the Supreme Court to fulfill its new requirement; Lucas is currently awaiting a decision on his applications to the other branches.

Politico’s West Wing Playbook first reported the numbers Wednesday along with news that Simon Ateba, the White House correspondent for Today News Africa, lost his hard pass. Ateba, along with the other 441 reporters who no longer have credentials, won’t be able to attend White House press briefings or access the sprawling Pennsylvania Avenue campus unless they obtain what’s called a temporary day pass.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/08/04/white-house-purges-442-reporters-using-new-press-credential-rules/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: White House Purges 442 Reporters Using New Press Credential Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 05:56:12 pm »
That should keep the drugs from getting in.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 06:10:43 pm »
That should keep the drugs from getting in.
Meh. Likely the price of admission.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 06:21:48 pm »
 Ateba, along with the other 441 reporters who no longer have credentials, won’t be able to attend White House press briefings or access the sprawling Pennsylvania Avenue campus unless they obtain what’s called a temporary day pass. promise to regurgitate the administration's talking points.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 08:40:29 pm »
Am I the  only one surprised there was ever  that  many reporters with WH access?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 12:53:08 pm »
African Journalist Simon Ateba Sues Karine, White House Secret Service for First Amendment Violation
Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
August 11, 2023 10:59 AM ET
Today News Africa White House correspondent Simon Ateba filed a lawsuit late Thursday against White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and the U.S. Secret Service for deactivating his hard pass.

Ateba has accused Jean-Pierre of violating his First Amendment right to freedom of the press and the Fifth Amendment’s due process clause after hundreds of hard passes were revoked from White House journalists working for smaller, non-corporate outlets. These hard passes allow journalists to gain access to White House press events, including press conferences.

Ateba first received a hard pass in Feb. 2021 and had his questions and interview requests repeatedly ignored, according to the lawsuit. The White House informed reporters on May 5 that it was restricting who could receive a hard pass. He, along with over 440 reporters, officially lost their passes on Aug. 1. ...
More at Daily Caller
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 09:13:33 pm »
The Tyrant tightens the noose around the land of freedoms throat, ever tighter.  Fools love it, they have fought and supported such, it feeds their whorish nature! pseudo virtue posturing, Satan fully approved.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions