Author Topic: Wrong, Mainstream Media, Florida’s Sea Water Is Not Setting Records  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong, Mainstream Media, Florida’s Sea Water Is Not Setting Records
By Anthony Watts -July 31, 20230

Last week, several media outlets reported on a single seawater temperature of 101.1°F recorded at a buoy in Florida, claiming it was due to climate change. The is false. One single seawater temperature over one day isn’t an indicator of climate change, nor, as the data show, was it unprecedented as media claimed.

Some headlines:

The Associated Press: South Florida waters hit hot tub level and may have set world record for warmest seawater
The Guardian: Florida ocean records ‘unprecedented’ temperatures similar to a hot tub
Fox News: Florida water topped 100-degrees twice this week, may have set world record: ‘This is a hot tub’
Al Jazeera: ‘A hot tub’: Florida sees record water temperatures, raising alarm
The Guardian opined:

Records for ocean surface temperature are not kept, but a 2020 study suggested that the highest temperature observed was 99.7F (37.61C) in the Persian Gulf.

The growing frequency and intensity of severe weather – both on land and in oceans – is a symptom of the global, human-driven climate crisis that is fueling extremes, experts warn…

https://climaterealism.com/2023/07/wrong-mainstream-media-floridas-sea-water-is-not-setting-records/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson